This post was updated on .
If things are to happen, plans must first be made and that process often begins with a random thought. The thought evolves into a wish and then into an aspiration that is worked upon. That may have been the way events unfolded in my nephew Peter's mind when he first thought of a Tuffs family gathering on Shamley Green's picturesque village green. But he turned his aspiration into a dream and that dream into a reality with his hard work and his ability to motivate himself. But the great gathering of the descendants of Walt and Ruby took place in that August of 2012 because Peter Tuffs once had a single thought .......
It was a single thought in my head that led to a very enjoyable morning collecting these songs to store on what I proudly call my magic box. There is a link to the above gathering that I want you to try to find. It should not be hard, so read through the list below and see if you can see what they all have in common?
(1) Rock Around The Clock, by Bill Hayley and his Comets.
(2) Good Luck Charm, by Elvis Presley.
(3) Lily The Pink, by Scaffold.
(4) Paperback Writer, by The Beatles.
(5) Telegram Sam, by T Rex.
(6) Rum and coca Cola, by The Andrews Sisters.
(7) What Do You Want, by Adam Faith.
(8) Hernando's Hideaway, by The Johnston Brothers.
(9) My Old Mans A Dustman, by Lonnie Donegan.
(10) When Will I See You Again, by The Three Degrees.
(11) Two Little Boys, by Rolf Harris.
(12) The Garden Of Eden, by Frankie Vaughan.
(13) It's Only Make Believe, by Conway Twitty.
(14) Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic, by The Police.
(15) Why, by Anthony Newley.
(16) A Fool Such as I, by Elvis Presley.
(17) When you were sweet sixteen, by Al Jolson.
(18) Long Live Love, by Sandie Shaw.
(19) You're Driving Me Crazy, by The Temperance Seven.
(20) Mary's Boy Child, by Harry Bellafonte.
(21) I Need Your Love Tonight, by Elvis Presley
This Cosy page is different to the usual and will be of little interest to my non relative readers. However, it is a page full of the happiest of memories and of a time of Joy for all the descendants of Walt and Ruby.
I will reveal the link between all of the songs in another Cosy story of the not to distant future, However, I will be amazed if you haven't already discovered what it is. If you do, please let me know!
PS. The answers to the above Twenty First Century Quiz can be found in my Cosy story No.80.